Thank you for participating in the Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board social media platforms, such as Facebook. To ensure the best possible experience for all online community members visiting our sites, ONCB members have established basic guidelines for participation. By continuing to use ONCB’s Facebook page or other social media, you agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines. ONCB reserves the right to delete posts by participants who violate these guidelines, and to suspend or terminate the right of participation for any reason. If you have questions about these guidelines, please contact members of the ONCB (888-561- 6622; email@example.com).
Participants should not make any postings or comments that contain or link to language, sites, or illustrations that
- Are libelous, insulting or demeaning, obscene or offensive, threatening, disparaging, abusive, or off-topic.
- Contain content that is confidential or proprietary to ONCB, its contributors, or any other person or entity without permission (e.g., comments about specific exam questions).
- Violate the Sherman Act or any other antitrust laws.
- Endorse any candidate or office holder, or partisan political position.
- Include spam or chain letters.
- Violate a third party’s right to privacy, especially by disclosing any patient, candidate, or certificant confidential information.
- Degrade or disparage others on the basis of sex, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification.
- Attack other participants. Discussion on the ONCB social media platforms are meant to stimulate conversation, not create contention. Others should be allowed to present their points, just as you may.
- Represent commercial messages. Such messages will be removed from ONCB social medial platforms. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Violate laws related to libel and slander. Such messages will be removed from ONCB social medial platforms, and the right of participation terminated for the posting individual.
- Contain material you would not want the world to see, or you would not want anyone to know came from you. Anonymous posts are not permitted and will be removed promptly.
Transparency is very important in gaining trust in online relationships. Include your identity when posting on any platform. This means including your real name in Facebook. Anonymous activity is not permitted.
Please note all items in this section, particularly regarding copyright ownership of information posted to the ONCB community. By using ONCB’s social media platforms, you agree ONCB may reproduce your postings at members’ discretion.
Information posted on ONCB’s social media platforms is subject to defamation, antitrust, medical/nursing malpractice, and other laws. Posts describing medical matters or health care practices can be used by state medical or nursing boards when considering ethics or disciplinary actions.
Participants in ONCB’s social media platforms must ensure they have permission to use or reproduce any copyrighted text, photos, graphics, video, or other material owned by others. Copyrighted materials cannot be posted unless the participant has written permission to do so and provides this to ONCB (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the post.
ONCB is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on its social media platforms by others. ONCB disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by ONCB or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implies warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ONCB be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damage, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on these sites.
By posting material, you grant to ONCB and the members of this community the nonexclusive, worldwide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
ONCB does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, if any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ONCB members, action will be taken as previously described.