As a member of the American Board of Nursing Specialties, ONCB believes the major goal of specialty nursing certification is to improve patient outcomes and promote the safety of health care consumers. Consumers and employers need to be able to determine the certification status of orthopaedic registered nurses. With transparency and consumer safety the concerns, ONCB now offers online, primary source verification of certification for its three credentials: ONC®, OCNS-C®, and ONP-C®. Please follow the instructions below to verify the following information about orthopaedic-certified nurses:
- Go to http://oncbcert.goamp.com
- Click on “Public Directory” beneath the ONCB logo.
- Enter all or the first several letters of the certificant’s first name and last name in the appropriate fields.
- Click on the red “find” button to the far right of the page or hit “enter” on your keyboard.
- View the individual certificant’s record in the results list, which includes the information listed below for verification purposes.
Name and credential
Original date of certification
Expiration date of certification term
Certificant ID number (an internal identifier)There is no charge for this service. ONCB no longer provides faxed or emailed certification verification.
Please note: A nurse is considered by ONCB to be continually certified unless the status of the credential is identified as “Expired” in the data base. This means the certificant is considered by ONCB to be in good standing (i.e., active credential) during the processing of the recertification application.
Certificant Wallet Card Now Available Online
ONCB now offers certificants the opportunity to access wallet cards electronically, and save or print them.
Please click here for instructions.