ONCB now offers live remote proctoring (LRP). LRP allows you to test from a convenient location such as your home or worksite. Click here for more information.
Exam Registration Overview
Please note: There are two paths in the online application.
Retest for Success Candidates
The Retest for Success path is only for nurses from healthcare facilities that have an active contract with ONCB for the Retest for Success incentive program. Nurses from Retest for Success facilities have a unique code to allow them to access the correct application pathway.
Nurses from hospitals without a Retest for Success program contract should use the regular application pathway.
Confirm Your Exam Eligibility
How to Apply
- View the Candidate Handbook. As part of the application, you will be required to attest to having read this important exam information.
- Download the appropriate Supervisor Verification Form below for your exam type. This eligibility form will need to be completed and uploaded during the application submission process.
ONC (RN Exam) Supervisor Verification Form
ONP-C (Nurse Practitioner Exam) Supervisor Verification Form
Click here to apply for the exam.
- Following submission of application, Meazure Learning sends email confirmation of eligibility to schedule your exam. If you do not see the email in your primary inbox, please check your spam folder as well.
- The scheduling system allows you to view exam dates 4 to 90 days out. You must schedule your exam within the 90-day eligibility period.
- Testing sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis
For listing of test site cities, click here.
ONCB also offers live remote proctoring (LRP).
LRP allows you to test from a convenient location such as your home or worksite. Click here for more information.
Purchase online practice exams from ONCB.
Practice exams are offered only as a self-assessment and examination preparation aid; their completion is not required to be eligible to take the ONC examination, and does not guarantee successful performance on the examination. Questions on the practice exams do not appear on the certification examination.
For information on rescheduling or retakes please contact Meazure Learning Candidate Services at 919-572-6880 or via email: email@example.com.
After the Exam
Within 6 weeks after the test date, successful examinees will receive a congratulatory email and instructions for accessing their certification documents, a digital badge and certificate, through BadgeCert. If you do not see this email in your primary inbox, please check your spam folder as well.
For more information on digital badging and BadgeCert, please click here.