Effective September 3, 2019, ONCB has partnered with Scantron (formerly Castle Worldwide) to provide testing services. ONCB will communicate with current applicants regarding the transition of services to help with scheduling their examinations.
Please note: There are two paths in the online application.
Retest for Success Candidates
The Retest for Success path is only for nurses from healthcare facilities that have an active contract with ONCB for the Retest for Success incentive program. Nurses from Retest for Success facilities have a unique code to allow them to access the correct application pathway.
Nurses from hospitals without a Retest for Success program contract should use the regular application pathway.
Confirm Your Exam Eligibility
How to Apply
- View the Candidate Handbook. As part of the application, you will be required to attest to having read this important exam information.
- Download the appropriate Supervisor Verification Form below for your exam type. This eligibility form will need to be completed and uploaded during the application submission process.
ONC (RN Exam) Supervisor Verification Form
ONP-C (Nurse Practitioner Exam) Supervisor Verification Form
- Click here to apply for the exam.
- Following submission of application, Scantron sends email confirmation of eligibility to schedule your exam.
- The scheduling system allows you to view exam dates 4 to 90 days out.
- Testing sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis
For listing of test site cities, click here.
Purchase online practice exams from ONCB.
Practice exams are offered only as a self-assessment and examination preparation aid; their completion is not required to be eligible to take the ONC examination, and does not guarantee successful performance on the examination. Questions on the practice exams do not appear on the certification examination.