Recertification through continuing education will be denied for any of the
- Failure to meet criteria for contact hours (75 hours for ONC, 100 hours for ONP-C/OCNS-C), or provide evidence of
contact hours in the event of an audit
- Lack of current RN license
- Failure to apply by deadline
Recertification will be based solely on the submitted materials. Anyone who is denied recertification may appeal by written request to the Recertification Committee. The applicant also may apply for recertification by examination.
Denial of eligibility for recertification by continuing education may be appealed in the following cases:
- Denial of credit for specified continuing education hours.
- Nonreceipt of recertification materials by ONCB; the individual shall supply evidence that the completed renewal materials and fees were mailed by the established deadline.
- Revocation of certification.
A letter outlining the reason for appeal and appropriate documentation shall be submitted to the ONCB within 30 days after notification of the official decision.