We know you work hard to enhance your professional capabilities as a registered nurse. Your orthopaedic certification through ONCB is an important part of that continued development. With this in mind, we want to make sure you are recognized for your accomplishments in a way that allows you to fully showcase your ongoing professional commitment. In today’s digital world, that means providing a way for you to share your verified credentials and experiences in a secure electronic format.
Digital badges are portable digital icons that verify your orthopaedic certification credential. They are unique in that they are embedded with qualifying information, or metadata, that helps you maintain a digital record of your certification for use with employers or on professional sites such as LinkedIn. Digital badges are stored in a universal cloud-based portfolio so they can be easily accessed and shared with employers and peers, on digital resumes, email signatures, or social networking sites.
Very importantly, ONCB’s certificants will be accessing their certificates on demand through BadgeCert. Certificates can be printed whenever a copy is needed for employers, potential employers, or other professional contacts. ONCB will no longer mail paper documents to orthopaedic-certified nurses. Instead, the metadata on the digital badges will be updated with each recertification to ensure a current certificate is available to print much more quickly than waiting for the mail. No personal information beyond your certification verification data is stored in the digital badge.
Add Your Digital Badge to Email Signature Block
- Open your email account and go to the to the ‘Signature’ section
- Click on the ‘Insert Image’ button in the signature toolbar. Please note: You will need to have a downloaded .jpeg or .png of the badge icon (right-click the image and save it) and the badge URL handy.
- Upload the Badge Image that you copied earlier.
- Once the badge image has appeared, highlight the image.
- Click the add hyperlink icon and add the badge URL.
- Once you are happy with the appearance of your overall signature line, click ‘Save’.
Add Your Digital Badge to LinkedIn Profile
If you are a LinkedIn user, you can add your credential to your LinkedIn profile. You may be prompted to sign in to LinkedIn. You will be automatically asked to submit the following details to add your badge:
To create a BadgeCert account or receive a temporary password to update your personal details and share your badge on other social networks, please:
- Go to the login page
- Select Log In from the top menu
- Reset your password using the “Forgot Password” link and your @org_name@ certification email address.
Digital badges are provided free of charge to all nurses upon recertification of their credential.