Year-Round Testing Dates
ONCB offers year-round testing at more than 170 computerized centers across the country. Exam candidates may use the convenience of online application through ONCB’s test vendor AMP (www.goamp.com – “Candidates”), or can use the Candidate Handbook to submit a paper application to test. Once an application is received by AMP, the candidate has 90 days to test. A test date can be rescheduled once without penalty, but any additional cancellation would result in loss of exam fees. If a candidate does not pass the examination, he or she can re-test in 90 days as well. AMP provides a retest application that allows unsuccessful examinees to receive a $50 discount on exam fees; the discount cannot be given, however, with online application or use of the standard written application.
To find the computer testing center closest to you, download the Candidate Handbook, or complete the online exam registration, follow these steps:
- Go to the AMP Web site (www.goAMP.com).
- Choose the “Candidates” button.
- Select “Healthcare” as the exam “category”.
- “Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board” as the “program”.
- “ONC®,” “Orthopaedic Clinical Nurse Specialist,” or “Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner” as the “exam”.